Guidelines for members Continuing Medical Education (CME)
” The established criteria for CME certification with which each member of the college is expected to comply ”
- Each CCFP member is required to achieve a minimum of 50 hours annually and on completion of 150 hours, an accreditation certificate will be given to said member.
- A CME accreditation form will be sent to each member annually, and on completion, the said form should be sent to the CCFP secretariat as soon as possible.
- You may also complete the hours for each year on the form below then submit copies of your certificates to the secretariat.
CME credits will be awarded for the following:
Group learning activities (50-100% of all credit hours)
- Formal courses in a recognized teaching institution.
- Clinical meetings, symposia & workshops.
- Medical seminars arranged by a professional association.
- Lectures by medical experts.
Individual learning activities (50% of all credit hours)
- Audiotapes, videotapes & lectures via satellite, medical television, uwidec, and the internet (up to 10% of total CME).
- Medical journals (up to 10% of total CME).
- Presentation and/or publication of original papers at medical meetings or medical journals (up to 50% of total CME).
- Participation in journal clubs, study groups etc. (up to 50% of total CME).
- The number of credits ascribed per hour of involvement in each activity:
- AGP/CCFP/MAJ sponsored events 1 credit/hour
- Medical seminars arranged by a professional association 1 credit/hour
- Clinico-pathological conferences (CPC) 1 credit/hour
- Educational meetings outlined in hospital schedule 1 credit/hour
- Accident & emergency conferences 1 credit/hour
- UWIDEC & overseas conferences 1 credit/hour
- Journal club ¼ credit/hour
- Publications 4 credits/publication
- Presentations at meetings 4 credits/hour of presentation
- Audio/video tapes 1 credit/hour
- Teaching ward rounds ¾ credit/hour
- Community work (voluntary) 2 hours/year