- The CCFPJC Education Committee is mandated to adapt a three-(3) year curriculum prepared by CCFP and which will address the educational needs of the family physician practicing in Jamaica.
- CCFPJC meet the CME requirements by
- hosting monthly workshops/seminars and/or
- an annual family medicine conference.
CCFPJC pursue the following CME activities:
- Monthly UWIDEC CME meetings which present a topic as per curriculum and a CME certificate is issued as necessary.
- MSC in Family Medicine programme UWI Mona
- Family Physicians Training Modules UWI Mona
- Tri-annual Pan-Caribbean Conference rotated through the Caribbean.
Online CME Courses
- Caribbean Family Physicians Knowledge Network (CFPKN)
- Training Modules for the nutritional management of hypertension, diabetes, obesity and HIV/AIDS in collaboration with CFNI
- Disease management guidelines for HIV/AIDS (WHO, PAHO, CAREC, CDC, PANCAP, HARP)
- Core curriculum in occupational health and safety (ACOEM, ICOH, ILO)
- Disability management guidelines (ACOEM, ICOH, ILO)
- Disease management guidelines for diabetes and hypertension in collaboration with PAHO and CHRC
- Triennial WONCA Conference
- Annual WONCA Regional Conferences
- CCFPJC is invited to submit appropriate peer-review articles at the above conferences